ARUGULA SALAD goat cheese fondue and truffle smoked tomatoes
1# Arugula, wild or baby
¼ cup White balsamic vinegar
¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Vegetable oil
2 tbsp Chives, chopped fine
4 ea Roma tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
as needed Hickory chips, soak in water for ½ hour
as needed Coal
to taste White truffle oil
goat cheese fondue
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 each Shallots, minced
1 cup Heavy cream
3 T Toasted fennel seed, ground
8 oz Goat cheese
to taste Salt and pepper
1. Arrange tomatoes on a sheet pan cut side down, light coal and add chips.
2. Place tomatoes in smoker and smoke for 20-30 minutes.
3. Remove and slowly roast in a 250 ºF oven for approximately 1 hour or until skin has separated
from the meat of the tomato. Remove from oven and remove skin.
4. Cut in half lengthwise. Drizzle with truffle oil and set aside.
5. Sweat shallots and fennel seed in a small amount of oil.
6. Add heavy cream and bring up to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
7. Reduce by 1/3, put mixture into a blender and add goat cheese to thicken.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
9. In a bowl combine vinegar and oils emulsifying completely. Add chives and adjust seasoning.
: drizzle goat cheese fondue on plate. Place 3 tomato wedges in center of plate. Dress arugula with vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Place on top of tomatoes and serve.
2016 RG Global, LLC - All rights reserved.